How long have you been doing what you do as a career coach and job search expert?
My entire career has been what you might call a work-in-progress leading up to my work as a career strategy expert today. While I’ve been formally working in career strategy since 2011, I’ve spent several years struggling to figure out the job search after college and MBA graduation.
It wasn’t until I started working as an Executive Recruiter that I really started to understand where job seekers and for that matter, all professionals, tend to stumble when maneuvering the job search and overall career management.
As an Executive Recruiter, I lived in Linkedin, connected with and screened the best talent in the market, and reviewed hundreds of resumes. It was through this role that I came to learn about the world of finding and hiring top talent. I was also surprised to learn how little job seekers at all levels knew about landing a job.
I found this troubling because these job seeker mistakes seemed so obvious from the recruiter perspective. Yet they were the same mistakes I had made in my initial job search.
Through my work in recruiting I realized how effortless landing a job could be when approached in the right way. When it came time to land my next job, I was able to use my headhunter experience and resume expertise to land the first job for which I applied, greatly reducing the amount of time spent in the job search (from 6 months down to 1)!
After executive recruiting, I moved into the career management space within the executive recruiting industry. In this role, I focused on product development, customer experience, digital marketing and web-based business. I also worked alongside some of the best resume writers in the industry, to help senior executive job seekers navigate the world of executive recruiting and career strategy. I was amazed to learn that even the very experienced senior audience was pretty confused when it came to the job search and all of its moving pieces: online applications, ATS systems, online branding, Linkedin & social media strategy… Talk about totally new terrain!
Seeing the over-saturated career resource market, lack of truly valuable market support and worse yet, really frustrated professionals hitting job search dead-ends, I decided to bring my expertise to everyone in need. I have since made a commitment to dedicate my professional life to helping job seekers land jobs and find happiness using a smarter and more efficient approach.
Since then, I’ve worked with hundreds of clients, spoken in front of groups at all career levels, provided training to hundreds of job seekers, and have created a goldmine of resources that every job seeker needs to apply, in order to land more job interviews in record time. I’ve also spent time turning my training and unique approach into bite-sized, easy-to-digest programs in order to bring my job-landing insights to job seekers everywhere.
I want you to experience these same results just like I did when I discovered the winning approach that took my clients from feeling frustrated and discouraged, to happy and employed.
Who are your coaching clients exactly?
I work with people who are either currently employed but in need of a new job, or people in a professional transition (graduates, unemployed, career change, etc) and have not had any luck in the job search. I work with professionals who are ready for change; however, have no time, energy, motivation or have never been taught exactly how to approach the job search in a way that produces results quickly. That said, the professions and industries I’ve worked with run the whole gamut.
Combined with my team of expert resume writers and coaches, we’ve supported clients in some of the following industries and categories: fashion, technology, IT, startups, global business, education, social services, finance, non-profit, marketing, product development, entry-level, millennials, mid-level, executives, aspiring executives, women, stay-at-home moms returning to the workforce, women seeking promotions, professionals in transition, brand transformations, military, healthcare, career changers and more.
What kind of support do you offer and how do I know which kind is for me?
That’s a great question (I’m so glad you asked)! Let me walk you through the different areas of support I offer:
- Career & Job Search Coaching: This is ideal for you if you’ve been applying to tons of jobs to no avail (and with no or very little response), unsure/unmotivated to start applying to jobs, or just rusty in general when it comes to making your next career move. Ideally, you would want to start coaching 3-6 months in advance of your current job’s expiration date (sometimes the job search can really take time so don’t wait until it’s too late). However, I do work with individuals who are more “last minute Lucy” and really help to build momentum in moving the job search forward. Career Coaching is also ideal if you’re someone who is totally unsure about the next move, changing career paths or in need of a bit more polish in your presentation. Some areas where we offer specific coaching include: making a career change, staying organized and focused in the job search, Linkedin coaching, figuring out career paths/dream jobs, salary negotiation, StrenghsFinder Assessment and leverage, and interviewing. See my coaching program descriptions above for more detail around the right program for you.
- Writing Services (Resumes, Cover Letter, Linkedin Profiles): These services are ideal for someone who is lacking when it comes to the branding pieces of the job search. The typical resume writing client is someone who hates to write about him/herself, struggles to pull out the unique brilliance in every word, is uncertain about resume real estate or the prime eye-catching areas and/or a unfamiliar with ATS systems including best-in-industry keywords/SEO. There are a few signs you may be in need of resume writing support: you aren’t hearing back from your applications or you are hearing back for the wrong types of roles. We offer several different resume packages (all crafted for very specific application goals). The same goes for Linkedin: If you haven’t received a whole lot of contact via Linkedin, from your target network, there’s a good chance your profile is not optimized. Since employers hunt for talent online, you can bet they will see your Linkedin profile before your resume and you can’t afford to get this wrong. If you are lacking a robust, maxed out summary and other key profile parts, you’ll want to consider a Linkedin rewrite ASAP!
- One-Hour Strategy Consultation: We do offer advice via our phone consulting service. In this focused session, you’ll receive a crash course in focus, strategy and best practices necessary for total job search domination. You and the career expert best suited for your career goals will spend time putting together the best strategy for you so that you can walk away with a step-by-step plan and added confidence knowing you are on track to achieving your goals. This is a great way for interested individuals to sample our more robust coaching programs. The strategy consultation is also great for individuals who are already deep in the job search and just need to pick an expert's brain in order to answer questions about the various job search/hiring situations that arise. If you are just starting the job search and want a high-level strategy, and Q&A, this can also be valuable. However, for deeper dives into branding mechanics, career path clarity, etc. this program will simply not offer enough time.
- Membership to Noelle's Community: This is a virtual solution if you are more of a DIY-er and want to really own your process and receive pre-recorded expert guidance at a significantly lower price point. You'll have access to all of Noelle's tools, templates, resources, courses, etc. You will even have access to exclusive member discounts on writing and coaching services!
- Group Coaching, Webinars, and Workshops: If there’s one thing I absolutely LOVE, it’s reaching a TON of job seekers in need, at once. This is where my workshops come into the picture. I've traveled all over the country (and led virtual presentations worldwide) supporting every kind of group you can imagine! If you need an engaging speaker, webinar, program or just someone to tell your group what’s up in the world of career today, don’t hesitate to get in touch for a quote.
Have you worked with people in my industry?
Coming from a recruiting background, and having written thousands of resume and Linkedin profiles, I have worked with clients from a wide range of functions and industries. Most likely I have worked with people in your field. Yet, I have to share with you that if I haven’t, you won’t be disadvantaged. Here’s why:
Regardless of industry, function, or level, every job seeker faces the same challenges. If industry knowledge was the key to your landing a job, you would have landed one by now; but it's not.
It's a combination of industry expertise, hiring expertise, strategic networking, job description analysis, research, resume writing best practices, ATS & keyword strategy, and branding expertise that really produces an optimized job search. Our clients are the subject matter experts and we bring the rest! You can be confident that your coach knows the right questions to ask to pull out specific industry expertise that will be of value to the process.
What my current and former clients have found exceedingly helpful in working with my team, is the addition of a fresh recruiter perspective as well as strategic “headhunter research capabilities.” They also find tremendous value in the questions presented in our client intake process and during the coaching sessions. They also find my customized tools and resources to be unique and helpful to the process. Because of this, we are able to transform their professional brands and attract the best-fit jobs and hiring managers.
How are you different from other career coaches?
I am different from other career coaches for 2 reasons:
I used to be a recruiter. Very few career coaches that I’ve come across bring this perspective to the table. In fact most career coaches come from a writing or training background, lacking the critical “headhunter instinct” and insights needed to implement a smarter more efficient approach. (I’m about quick results).
I’m not a Jill-of-all-trades-coach so I can focus on serious seekers like you. Traditional career coaches spend time on resumes, Linkedin and general career management services. However, I am a career strategy expert and consultant. I ONLY work with job seekers who are ready to make a change, looking to be held accountable and are open to learning and implementing a proven strategic approach. In other words, I don’t consult with people who are unsure about changing jobs or who aren’t open to doing what it takes. I refer those clients to other coaches. What that means to you is that I am very focused on anything and everything that works for the hungry job seeker. Because my focus is more laser-focused than the traditional career coach or service, what you get with me is no-nonsense, undiluted expertise on what works for smart job seekers. I’ve simply become an expert at this stuff and that’s why my clients, groups and customers get great results (not to mention a healthy dose of compassion, humor and encouragement, which ALWAYS helps)! The same goes for my staff. I only hire the best-in-class experts who share my values and high quality of work. My team is results-focused, extremely savvy, and a whole lot of fun!
What type of personality do you work best with and what is expected of me in your coaching program?
My coaching programs are created for people who are ready for much-needed change and absolutely serious about getting a new job and ending what I call the “job search paralysis”, meaning, wanting to change jobs but making excuses instead of taking decisive strategic action. They were created for you to put systems and optimized professional branding in place within a few months (sometimes weeks!) which will eventually lead to more interviews – which will turn into job offers and ultimately make you happier.
Being a high achieving go-getter myself, I’m known to work best with other high achieving go-getters who are super-ready to get going and just want to know exactly what steps to take to land a job.
Consider what you’ll do with me to be an action-learning course. You will be expected to take serious and consistent action during my program. No more excuses; just a very different way of thinking and full support while you achieve this incredibly exciting goal: landing a new job quickly, getting your career on track, and being much happier in your daily life.
So what is expected of my coach? Are you going to introduce me to companies & hiring managers?
Your coach will be facilitating the process: helping with goal setting, teaching you how this all works, and holding you accountable so that you achieve the goals set within the program timeline. It will be up to you to do the assignments (with your coach’s support, of course).
Your coach will do everything in his/her power to help you succeed so although it will be on you to complete the work and position yourself for success, your coach will be an active participant in helping with the finishing touches (resume, Linkedin, Cover Letter, Power Statements, Elevator Pitch) to guarantee you meet the “headhunter” stamp of approval! I should also mention that your coach will be available for support to answer any questions you have along the way, in between sessions. This will help to put your mind at ease knowing someone’s got your back!
At the core of my system, and throughout the preparation phase, is my belief that the job seeker needs to understand everything they are doing, writing and saying about their professional brand and positioning, so that you can explain everything with confidence in the interview setting. We can get you to the interview, but we can’t interview with you, so you’ll actually be thankful you put in the time as you enter your interview with confidence!
In terms of company placement, I want to be very clear that I am not a recruiter. Unbeknownst to most people, recruiters do not work to help job seekers find jobs. Recruiters answer to the hiring company that is paying for their placements. Thus, recruiters will only pursue qualified candidates that they believe have a good chance of being hired (and making them money)! Not me and my team. We work for you and job seekers everywhere. With that said, because my goal is to help you land a job in a very strategic way, including networking, we are happy to introduce you to any relevant connections in our network, assuming you are qualified for their roles. To introduce an unqualified candidate would tarnish our credibility, making us (and the candidate) appear clueless as to how this all works. And we definitely aren’t in the business of making anyone look clueless! :)
For what type of professional are your programs NOT going to work?
Please know we are very selective in who we work with and we cherry-pick clients, choosing to (gently) turn away people who aren’t suited for my programs and won’t get the results for which they would have signed up. (It wouldn’t be fair to them).
One type of person we won’t work with (without exception) is the whiner or the chronic skeptic, as well as individuals who consistently make excuses for not getting their assignments done or who challenge every aspect of the program. If you are one of these people, I gently and respectfully ask that you do not sign up and I hope you understand why. We’ll probably just not work well together and I wouldn’t want you to waste your time or money.
My programs are also not for individuals with no money coming in and absolutely, financially desperate, at least not right away. It’s been my experience that people in financial crisis do not trust the recommendations I give them and do not do the work (probably because they spend so much time worrying about where they are going to get next month’s rent check or mortgage payment).
If you fall into this category, it’s absolutely OK. We’ve all been in times of financial crisis at one point or another. My membership subscription is designed for individuals on a budget looking for a DIY option and access to my full slate of resources and teaching.
Does this really work?
Yes! The result of my work is an approach to positioning yourself and “headhunting” your job that works consistently to attract hiring managers and interviews.
What results can I expect?
You can expect to:
- Hone in on the EXACT levels, jobs, titles and companies that will be in the market for an employee like you
- Gain greater confidence knowing you have a compelling high-impact, keyword-rich resume that will capture the attention of employers and recruiters, producing call-backs and interview opportunities
- Produce an optimized keyword-rich Linkedin profile that will increase views and contacts as well as generate interest with the appropriate recruiting audience
- Refine and/or produce a high-impact elevator pitch and cover letter that will stand out and compliment your resume
- Make your professional brand stand out in your industry and in the marketplace
- Have a simplified, effective strategy with your background and future goals in mind
- Get proven ways of producing results so the job search becomes less ambiguous
- Have a repeatable strategy for your future job search
- Learn how to handle your search (and your time) more efficiently so you actually have time for MORE applications and networking.
- Get out there and network effectively (on or offline)
- Work smarter at landing a job, not harder
- Receive full-time support and resources from an expert to eliminate even the slightest confusion you may experience along the way (a “job buddy”) so to speak
- Motivation to help stay on track and focused on the job search
- Stay accountable to your goals and achieve them
- Introductions to my industry contacts (when appropriate) and new strategic contacts of your own
- Proven interview techniques and practice steeped in research and applied to your unique background so you can approach the interview with confidence and clarity
- Interview best practices to get you through the process while displaying absolute stellar impressions along the way
- Get proven techniques you can apply right away to not have to reinvent the job search wheel on your own
- Receive specific tools and templates for you to use.
- Land more interviews than you’re landing now, while enjoying more free time and feeling more confident and in control of your future
- Learn how to feel comfortable in the interview setting by being prepared and ready to deliver consistent, strong answers aimed at attracting the hiring manager to your professional brand.
- Implement systems so you consistently market your value easily and can finally stop struggling with the job search, for good.
How quickly can I expect results?
Obviously, this depends on market demand for someone with your background and how much you put into the assignments that we give you. Also, keep in mind that the interview process can sometimes be drawn out, depending on the employer timeline. That said, virtually all clients see results within the first couple of months (sometimes even weeks) in the form of interviews or job offers. For someone who is branded incorrectly and therefore not producing any results, the minimum length of time to learn and implement our approach before you can expect to see results in our job search coaching program, is 90 days. Figuring out the best career move for you, creating the perfect brand and building a robust network, are just a few of the critical activities you’ll be focused on (all of which take time to flourish).
Together you and your coach will make impactful changes and tweaks to your approach and professional branding which will increase your chances for interviews. If you’re in need of career path clarity (aka figuring out what you want to be when you grow up) expect the process to take a bit longer. A total career path clarity + job search program takes a minimum of 4-5 months to really see the results roll in. While 5 months may seem like a long time, it’s important to remember the average job search without a coach, lasts 6 months, (even longer for someone who doesn’t know what they want to do next or career changers). By committing to work with our coaches you are guaranteed to land the best job for you and your long-term career goals. The fact that you will be avoiding years stuck in the wrong career path after only a few months, makes these programs totally worth it!
How can I guarantee myself that I will get more job interviews or offers, in record time?
Do all of your assignments and be open to pushing yourself outside your comfort zone. Be mentally focused and on board with landing a new job. Understand that it’s not a “quick fix,” it’s not magic and it can take up to several months for you to plant all the seeds and for those seeds to grow into the fruit that you can enjoy. All my clients who have diligently applied every step of my program, have successfully generated interviews and contacts, in much less time than they would have on their own AND have landed a new job much quicker than if they had been going it alone.
Will I recover the investment I put into your coaching programs?
Yes, a resounding Yes! I want you to stop reading for just one moment to ask yourself, “What is happiness worth to me, and what will happen if I keep postponing or experiencing roadblocks in my job search?” Chances are, landing a new job quicker will deliver both the happiness and increase in income necessary to be a worthwhile investment. The information and skills you learn with my program will also serve you for years to come, beyond our initial coaching work since you will be equipped to land a new job next time you need it. In my programs, you will be learning valuable job search skills & mastery for life!
What you’re regularly getting with this program (and my coaching) is what I call a series of AHAs! that will move your job hunt faster than you would on your own. Expect to get a lot of these as well as the resources you’ve been looking for and haven’t found until now. That’s what you’re investing in, proven tips, tricks, results, valuable resources, a job search accountability buddy and ultimately, happiness.
How do I know if I need resume writing services?
The purpose of your resume is to land interviews. There are a couple scenarios you may find yourself in, in which resume services are essential:
- If you are submitting your resume to jobs online and not hearing back, you DEFINITELY need resume writing services. The majority of online applications are now run by Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS's). This is resume scanning technology that is designed to screen the wrong resumes out! The chances of reaching a human being, once you submit your resume online, are slim to none if you do not have an ATS-optimized resume. Fortunately, we are able to help create a resume that is ATS optimized as well as visually optimized for resume-sharing with your network.
- If you are applying to jobs and hearing back but for the WRONG opportunities, you are in need of resume writing services. Your resume branding is off and when branding is off, you can expect to be contacted for opportunities that may not align to your career goals. You are in need of some serious branding rework and focus (which is what we do)!
- If you are being contacted by recruiters for the WRONG opportunities, you are in need of resume writing services (and Linkedin writing services). Your resume branding is off and when branding is off, you can expect to be contacted for opportunities that may not align to your career goals. We would want to craft your resume in a more focused way.
If you are applying to jobs and landing interviews of interest, but unable to land an offer, you are NOT in need of a new resume. You are likely in need of interview coaching services. See our Coaching page for more details.
I’m not in the job search and I do not have a job description in mind but I would still like to have my resume cleaned up by an expert. Is this something NG Career Strategy can help me with?
Yes! We understand that many people are either not searching or unsure of their next move but would like a cleaned up resume for peace of mind. We can absolutely do this and we do recommend a Resume Makeover if a new resume something you know you need! Sometimes a new resume can even inspire you with the confidence needed to ramp up your job search when the time comes.
If finally investing in new resume is one of your short-term career goals and you don't have a target in mind, simply indicate this to your writer in the client intake form when asked for a job description.
Your writer will then do a full clean-up with a focus on visual impact, results-oriented bullets, aligning to resume trends, and achieving best resume writing practices. The resume will be crafted to your current role and/or career trajectory if known.
It's important to note that for a Resume Makeover that is not focused on a job description we can not offer the 30-Day Gurantee. One of the keys to a successful resume (one that lands interviews) is tailoring or focus. This helps the hiring manager know you want their job (and not just any job). A focused resume is very appealing to the hiring manager and increases your chances of landing an interview.
How does the resume writing process work?
Once you purchase a writing service, you will receive an intake form containing standard questions around you, your background and your career goals. It’s important that you take some time to complete this form accurately as this will help your writer really get to know you and the direction for your newly written documents. Providing a job description is also strongly recommended.
After you complete and submit the intake form, you will be paired up with an NG-approved professional resume writer who will reach out to you via email within 48 business hours of your form submission to kick-off writing. (Our hours are M-F 9am-5pm EST).
The initial email from your writer will contain the plan for completion and a request to schedule your first draft review / phone strategy consultation (for services that include strategy consultations) or to let you know your new resume has been started (for services that do not include strategy consultations).
After the initial e-mail, you can expect to receive your first draft in time for your strategy phone consultation. The first draft takes up to 5 business days to create and we coordinate the strategy call timing with that of the first draft delivery. Your writer may contact you via email or phone during the writing process to obtain more info or inquire about clarifications (we really have a thing about getting it exactly right) so please be sure to check your email during the writing process and respond as soon as you have a chance. This will ensure you receive your final product as soon as humanly possible. In order to create the best resume possible, it's CRITICAL that you be available to collaborate and answer questions.
After the strategy session and first draft review, your writer will implement the 2nd round of revisions and return to you for review as quickly as possible. This may take up to 3 business days. Once you receive the 2nd draft and provide feedback, your writer will implement the final revisions. If your resume requires one final round of edits, we are happy to implement.
When you are absolutely happy with the final product, and indicate this to your writer, you will receive the final .pdf version of your resume as well as the .doc editable version. We like to make sure you are optimized with every application you send (so our pointers and multiple formats will be just what you need)!
What is your refund policy on writing services?
Since your writer puts a whole lotta time, thought, strategy, and heart into getting your resume, cover letter and/or Linkedin profile right, in advance of the final product, we can not offer refunds on any of our writing services. However, NG writing services are 100% satisfaction guaranteed AND our writers make a point to collaborate VERY closely throughout the process so that there won't be any surprises on your end. At the time of document completion, your resume writer will ask if you are satisfied with the final product. If you aren’t, we ask that you let us know at this time and your writer will make the revisions needed to exceed your expectations. We don’t consider a resume “finalized” until you give us the green light.
For our Resume Makeover service (and packages containing the Resume Makeover) we guarantee an interview in 30 Days after receipt of final resume. Some restrictions apply.
You guarantee an interview in 30 days of receiving my final resume?
Yes, it’s true. We are committed to guaranteeing an interview in 30 Days on all Resume Makeovers and packages containing the Resume Makeover as long as you are committed to applying for multiple jobs. This only works if you are applying to jobs, regularly so we make good on this guarantee only if you’ve applied to at least 10 jobs within the 30 day time period. When you sign up, we send you an intake form so you can let us know exactly what you’re looking for in your next move. We encourage sharing your target job description(s) at this point. Since we write our resumes for the job you want, we're confident we’ll be able to hit the mark enough to generate employer interest.
Do phone interviews count as interviews for the 30 Day Guarantee policy?
The short answer: Yes. The long answer: There are multiple hurdles to overcome when going from wanting a new job to actually scoring the official employee badge. Each hurdle requires a different strategy and produces a different result. The resume is the strategy for overcoming the application hurdle. The result it produces is interest from the company, in the form of an interview. Since we can’t interview for you, our goal in writing your resume is to spark employer interest enough to get you to the initial conversation (phone or in-person). By generating employer interest, you can feel confident knowing that your resume is hitting the mark. If you are landing interviews but not job offers, you may want to speak with us about interview coaching. We do that too.
Does the 30 Day Guarantee apply to all resume writing services?
Our 30-day guarantee does not apply to the Resume Refresh. Here’s why: we’ve been doing this a long time and we know that a resume with fully cleaned up results-oriented bullets packs more punch. The Resume Refresh is more for aesthetic effect and creating a really super duper visual first impression. The Refresh works great when your bro or sis asks for a resume they can hand to the hiring manager and use as more of a formality in selling you for the job. However, a Resume Makeover is the way to go if you don’t have a personal connection and are applying cold online. In this instance, you want to make sure you are really speaking to your strengths throughout every part of your resume.
What happens if I don’t land a new job after 30 days of receiving my new resume?
Awwww snap! All you have to do is get in touch with your resume writer and provide a sample of the job descriptions for the 10 jobs to which you’ve applied. At this point, your expert will have another look and analyze where it’s off, consulting with the Noelle and the team as necessary. Your writer will then make the tweaks, revisions, and edits to make you happy and send you on our way. You landing an interview is our priority!
Short, Sweet & Extremely Impactful!
Just like a spa day, this service is meant to breathe a whole lotta life into a stale resume lacking in wow-factor. This service focuses on the parts of the resume intended to draw your reader in at first glance. With this option, you provide the resume, we provide the polished finish to give it the extra-umph that’s missing.
- A thorough content clean-up of summary (bullet revision not included)
- SEO & Best-fit Keywords (top of resume only)
- Basic Formatting of Overall Appearance
- Overall Expert proofing for typos, grammar, and flow
The Full-On Fix
We’re talkin’ Brand Spankin’ New resume. If you haven’t received a single callback and your bullets are putting you to sleep, consider this your wake up call. With this option you provide the resume you’ve been using and we’ll give it the VIP treatment. Just a word of warning, you may not recognize it when we’re finished (which is a good thing)!
- A thorough content clean-up of summary, bullets and everything in between.
- SEO & Best-fit Keywords (full resume)
- Full Formatting & Polish of Overall Appearance
- 30 Minute Phone Consultation with Your Writer
Meet the mother of all job applications!
The more the merrier is the name of this game. You’ll receive everything you need to be extra sure you’ve optimized your chances of being hired.
This can’t be beat package includes:
- The Resume Makeover
- New Cover Letter
- Linkedin Profile Rewrite for Optimized Branding
- 45 min Strategy Phone Consultation with Your Expert
(You’ll save $338 with this package)!
The Works PRO
When Just 1 Resume Won’t Do!
This package is for those times when your brand is in transition and you need to be presented a few different ways.
This can’t-be-beat package includes:
- The Resume Makeover Tailored to Your Target Job Description
- Cover Letter Tailored to Your Target Job Description
- Linkedin Profile Rewrite for Optimized Branding
- 2nd Resume (Refresh) tailored to the 2nd brand you’re going for – must have a 2nd job description or clear idea of the 2nd industry/career path of choice
- 45 min Strategy Phone Consultation & Tailoring 101 with Your Expert
(You’ll save $612 with this package)!
Thinking about reinventing your professional brand and attracting more of the right contacts? Perhaps you’ve set up your account but aren’t confident it’s optimized (aka working like a champ for you). You guessed it. This is a job for us. Let us brand you online so that you are appearing in the right searches, attracting the best opportunities and maximizing your use of this powerful career platform.
- Full profile revision with emphasis on SEO-boosting content (so you appear in more searches).
- Professional brand assessment
- Profile tailoring to attract the right contacts and opportunities.
- 20 Minute Phone Consultation with Your Expert to discuss your profile & career goals
- Free Gift to Kickstart Your New Profile: Your choice of 1 of 3 of The Ultimate Linkedin online courses: Profile Optimization, Network Your Way to Career Success or The Ultimate Rebrand Strategy Guide ($89 value)
Linkedin & Resume Makeover
Meet the New You
You’re trying to reinvent yourself (aka career changer or Linkedin newbie) but there’s just no clear path from Rocket Scientist to Startup Tycoon. You’ve come to the light and realized that Linkedin is the first place recruiters and hiring managers visit in search of top talent. You also know that without the right profile keywords or SEO optimization, you won’t appear in your professional industry keyword searches. You don’t want to get lost amongst the hundreds-of-thousands professionals in your industry! Finally, once those recruiters do find your new optimized Linkedin profile, you’ll need to be resume-ready in order to stand out from industry peers. Shazam! We’ve got you covered.
- Total Resume Makeover
- Linkedin Rebrand for your full profile including expert analysis and guidance around key parts & content
- SEO & Keyword Optimization so the “new you” can be found by your target contacts.
- 30 Minute Rebrand Strategy Session with the Expert
- Free Gift to Kickstart Your New Profile: Your choice of 1 of 3 of The Ultimate Linkedin online courses: Profile Optimization, Network Your Way to Career Success or The Ultimate Rebrand Strategy Guide ($89 value)
(You’ll save $273 with this bundle)!
You found the perfect job (along with hundreds of other applicants). This is your chance to stand out, speak the hiring manager’s language and leave them wanting more so why risk fumbling through the messaging? Try one of our cover letters on for size. You’ll notice an immediate difference when you see our concise, compelling and reader-friendly version of you.
- Full rewrite (or newly written letter) including keywords and unique selling points
- Enhanced strengths wrapped up with concise, relevant and compelling messaging
- Best practice cover letter display and content
Cover Letter + Resume Makeover
It’s kinda like peanut butter & jelly. One without the other just doesn’t make sense! Receive a tailored cover letter to compliment your brand spankin’ new resume for heightened job application impact. This mega-impactful package also includes some expert input and tailoring advice so you can really maximize your resume and cover letter over and over again. We think the marriage of these two application components with this kind of cost savings is a no-brainer but we’ll let you decide!
- Resume Makeover (includes 30 Day Interview Guarantee)
- Cover Letter
- 30 Minute Phone Consultation with your Expert
- Advice on How and Where to Make Cover Letter Tweaks for Multiple Job Applications
(Cost Savings of $125)
What is the turnaround time for a Resume Makeover?
You will receive your first draft within 5 business days. At the point where you receive your resume fist draft, your writer will collect your feedback and advise on strategy via a phone resume strategy consultation. Your writer will reach out to schedule this consultation after you sign up for this service with the goal of scheduling 5 business days from kick-off. For each draft, we can not move forward on the next round of revisions until you provide your feedback. For the quickest turnaround time we recommend providing prompt feedback once each draft is received.
After the strategy call, your writer will incorporate your feedback to create the 2nd draft of the your resume. This may take up to 3 business days. Depending on whether or not the resume requires one final revision, your resume may be completed in as few as 8 business days.
For any additional documents (cover letter, Linkedin profile), please expect 3 days per first draft and 3 days per final document - for a total of 6 business days.
Depending on the time of year and client volumes, we may be able to complete all writing jobs under these timelines but we can't guarantee this.
Expedited resume writing services are offered at an additional cost and start at $500 depending on your desired turnaround time.
If you would like to expedite your Resume Makeover, please contact [email protected] to inquire.
What is the turnaround time for a Linkedin Makeover?
Please expect to receive your first draft within 3 days of writer kickoff. After you provide your feedback, it may take up to 3 days to implement final revisions - for a total of 6 business days. For each draft, we can not move forward on the next round of revisions until you provide your feedback. For the quickest turnaround time, we recommend providing prompt feedback once each draft is received. Depending on the time of year and client volumes, we may be able to complete all writing jobs under these timelines but we can't guarantee this. Expedited Linkedin writing services are offered at an additional cost and start at $300 depending on your desired turnaround time. If you would like to expedite your Linkedin Makeover, please contact [email protected] to inquire.
Is my resume being affected by ATS?
The majority of online applications are now run by Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS's). This is resume scanning technology that is designed to screen the wrong resumes out! The chances of reaching a human being, once you submit your resume online, are slim to none if you do not have an ATS-optimized resume. Fortunately for you, we create resumes that are ATS optimized.
Do you have experience writing resumes for my industry?
Coming from a recruiting background, and having written thousands of resume and Linkedin profiles, my writers have worked with clients from a wide range of functions and industries. Most likely we have worked with people in your field. Yet, I have to share with you that if we haven’t, you won’t be disadvantaged. Here’s why:
Regardless of industry, function, or level, every job seeker faces the same challenges. If industry knowledge was the key to your landing a job, you would have landed one by now; but it's not.
It's a combination of industry expertise, hiring expertise, strategic job description analysis & research, resume writing best practices, ATS & keyword strategy, and branding expertise that produces an optimized high-impact resume (that lands interviews). Our clients are the subject matter experts and we bring the rest! You can be confident that your resume writer knows the right questions to ask to pull out specific industry expertise that will be of value on your resume.
What my current and former clients have found exceedingly helpful in working with my team, is the addition of a fresh recruiter perspective as well as strategic “headhunter research capabilities.” They also find tremendous value in the questions presented in our client intake process and during the first draft strategy review. Because of this, we are able to transform their professional brands and attract the best-fit jobs and hiring managers.
How is your resume service different from other resume writing services on the market?
In the world of resume writing services, you pay what you get for. What you get from our writing services is a highly strategic human being with hiring experience, that is invested in seeing you succeed and a level of service that is much more engaged and high touch than the standard cheap and quick turnaround resume service.
We offer a strategy call so that you are actually talking to a human – and not just any human – one with a background in hiring/HR/recruiting. Most other services do limit the collaboration process to email only (so it’s important to read the fine print before signing on).
We also take a much more personal interest in our clients including spending time on the phone to make sure we understand our clients and their goals during the process. Some clients take more hand holding than others and that’s okay by us! So you are paying for a much more collaborative and high-end service with a team handling your case (I personally review every client case and collaborates with her writers). At the end of the day, my name is on the business so I make sure my clients are happy!
With some of the cheaper services you also don’t know who is actually doing the writing. I’ve noticed on many sites they use stock photos for their testimonial pictures which is a BIG red flag.
At the end of the day there is no substitute for a guarantee of a certified writer with hiring experience, reading and writing every word. Keep in mind standard resume mills are paying the writer a cut of the price of your resume and so if the writer isn’t being well compensated, what is their incentive to personally invest in the client? Other services also typically limit their guarantee to one rework if their resume does not perform. This translates to “we’ll rewrite it once and that’s it.” At NG Career Strategy we are invested in seeing you succeed so we offer a 30-day guarantee. We also review the job descriptions for which our clients have applied, so we can analyze where we were off or where the client might be off in selecting the best fit for their experience.
What do your customers and clients have to say?
How much does a professionally-written resume cost?
We offer a variety of resume-writing packages depending on your need. All of our resumes are ATS optimized. Here are our resume services and money-saving resume package deals:
- Resume Refresh: $515
This service is our most basic resume service and focuses on the parts of the resume intended to draw your reader in at first glance (the 6-second scan in particular). With this option, you provide a blah resume and we provide the polished finish to give it the extra-umph that’s missing. Specifically we do a thorough visual formatting clean-up and strategic focus of the summary, headline, SEO & best-fit keywords. We also tackle the proofing, grammar and flow. Note: This service will clean up the overall visual appearance but it will not touch the content of your bullets.
- Resume Makeover: $625
This service builds upon the Resume Refresh to address the FULL content and visual aspects of your resume (not just the top half of the resume). This service includes a 45-minute strategy consultation with your writer and results-oriented bullets.
- The Works: $915 (Save $294 with this package)
This service will delivers a robust job application package and includes the Resume Makeover, Linkedin Profile and Cover Letter.
- The Works PRO: $1350 (Save $374 with this package)
This service builds upon The Works to address multiple job targets with multiple tailored resumes. If you have a blend of experience and could go multiple ways when applying to jobs, this may be the package for you. We recommend contacting us to inquire about your specific situation so we can determine if the need for 2 resumes exists: [email protected]
Are resume writing services tax deductible?
Yes (in most cases). Speak to your accountant for further instructions regarding tax deductions. You can also visit the IRS website.
Does NG Career Strategy provide additional job search services?
You bet! Job search mastery is the name of our game. In addition to resumes, we offer professionally written cover letters, Linkedin profiles, and specialized professional marketing materials like executive bios, networking briefs, interview packets and interview presentations.
For help with staying motivated, organized, and focused in the job search, we offer Career Coaching.
For help with acing the big interview, we offer interview coaching.
If you have a job search or career need not mentioned here, contact our team to see if we can help you [email protected]
How do I collaborate with my writer?
Resume writing ONLY works if you collaborate with your writer! And fortunate for you, it's one of the things we do best! The collaboration starts after you sign up with our strategic questions in the Client Intake Form. Then, you will continue to collaborate on your resume strategy call during the first draft review. Throughout the writing process your writer will be collecting feedback to make sure your brand is represented in the best way possible!
How do I get started?
Once you've decided on the best resume package for you, simply sign up here! Once we receive your order you will receive a Client Intake Form to kick off the process.
Do you work with candidates outside the US?
Yes! Currently, we only work in English and on English resumes, but we work with candidates from all over the world. Our international clients are either targeting opportunities in the U.S. or targeting roles with U.S. based companies abroad.
I don’t have a resume. Can I still sign up for resume services?
Absolutely not! Our intake process will help to capture much of the info we need to start your new resume.
How important is Linkedin for my job search?
VERY! Linkedin is the #1 hunting ground for hiring managers, recruiters, and key networking contacts. In a crowded and competitive marketplace, it's super important that you are on Linkedin AND optimized so that you can be found. The average industry keyword search produces candidates in the hundreds of thousands! If you have an incomplete profile or are lacking SEO and keyword strategy, your profile is not appearing at the top of most searches. While many people think of Linkedin as just another social media network, it's important that you think of Linkedin as a massive talent database AND the first place hiring managers and recruiters search when hunting for talent. This makes Linkedin even more important than your resume in many cases! If you're leery of social media and putting your information online, the good news is, you don't have to make constant updates or share personal information like you would on Facebook or Twitter. Think of Linkedin the same way you would think of an online job board: If you don't submit an application (containing professional details) online, the company will never know you're interested and you won't be selected for an interview. If you don't have an optimized Linkedin profile (containing the same professional details), you will never be found for a potentially life-changing opportunity. Try to think of Linkedin as attending a big networking event where you'll potentially bump into someone who has the job offer of a lifetime just for you. Now that's a chance you should be willing to take!
Still unsure about how to leverage Linkedin? Noelle and her team will teach you everything you know via Noelle's Membership community featuring her online Linkedin courses!