Our team of experts will identify what’s blocking your path to success, help you re-focus on the most critical activities and teach you the best approach to landing a job you love.
Yes, you will start to land interviews and receive job offers.
Yes, you will wonder why you didn’t start sooner!
Yes, we will take away the job search “UGH” factor.
Where Our Coaching Clients Land Jobs
Why Our Clients Love Our Coaching
Our Most Popular Coaching Programs
Job Search Jumpstarter
This coaching program is recommended for…
…individuals who are new to the job search or having trouble getting started, and have not yet received resume writing/branding support from NG Career Strategy. This program is also great for individuals who are more interested in learning how to write an optimized resume in addition to starting the job search with a strong approach.
*For individuals who have received an optimized resume, Linkedin profile or cover letter from NG Career Strategy, we recommend the Job Search Accelerator program.
Who You Are
- You have a pretty clear idea of what you’d like to do next but the thought of the job search is keeping you stuck where you’re at
- It’s been a while since the last time you searched and you’re having trouble knowing how to start
- You’re unsure about your resume, Linkedin profile, and cover letter
- You’re on Linkedin but you’re not entirely sure how to leverage it for your search. NEW: You may also be new to Linkedin and in need of help getting set up and implementing the most effective activities for your search
- You’ve been on a few job boards but you feel like you’re not doing as much as you should and you’re already feeling stressed/confused/frustrated at the thought of continuing on in the search
- You’re not sure how to leverage your network or uncover a new strategic network
What You Need
- An expert to quickly pinpoint your roadblocks and help remove them
- An organized and holistic approach so you know the full search landscape and every channel where opportunities exist
- An accountability partner who can keep you moving forward
- Hiring expertise to guide you through a variety of search scenarios you will encounter
- Branding expertise to ensure you are executing a strong first impression, high-impact resume, optimized Linkedin profile and perfect cover letter
- An actionable short-term plan that will get you moving quickly and start producing results
How Job Search Jumpstarter Works
Four 1-Hour Phone Sessions
This program may require renewal (for a total of 8 sessions) to get through the full writing process depending on the individual’s ability to grasp concepts and implement branding revisions
Your coach will spend time getting to know you, your current situation, and your future goals. Together, you will pinpoint challenges, constraints, priorities, and opportunities so that you can narrow down your bottom line and move forward with confidence.
Create the Roadmap
Using Noelle’s Search Strategy Roadmap, your coach and you will craft a detailed strategic guide to keep you on track and moving forward with each session. You’ll also learn how to make strategic career decisions and adapt your roadmap to changing priorities along the search route.
Beef Up Your Brand on Paper
Once your plan is in place you’ll collaborate with your coach to produce a rock-solid professional brand that you can be proud of. Your coach will help you implement Noelle’s powerful Networking Brief through collaborative writing and by providing hiring insights. Your Networking Brief doubles as a marketing plan for engaging your network effectively. You’ll learn how to use this strategic branding document to leverage your network and create interview opportunities.
Beef Up Your Brand In Person
It’s all about who you know and the only person that will be able to sell you in your search is YOU! Your coach will help you craft and prepare a powerful, concise pitch you can repurpose for any networking or interview scenario in order to immediately deliver your unique value and keep your contacts engaged!
Expand Your Network with High-Value Contacts
Once your branding basics are in place and you’re feeling confident, you’ll learn how to strategically generate new contacts and job leads using a proven networking strategy that will have you feeling confident, energized and productive.
Get Linkedin Optimized
As your offline network starts expanding you’ll also tap into your online network for valuable research, leads and opportunities. To produce the optimum results in your “online asks” and appear in more recruiter/hiring manager searches, you’ll need to be optimized. You’ll receive all of Noelle’s Ultimate Linkedin expertise so you can become Linkedin proficient! In addition, you will also engage in a collaborative profile writing process with your coach so that your online brand is attracting your target audience.
Become Resume & Cover Letter Ready
As your offline and online networks are buzzing with activity, you’ll then get ready to send your resume to interested contacts. Using best writing practices, Noelle’s exclusive resume templates, and hiring-eyescan strategy, you’ll collaborate with your coach to learn critical resume-writing mechanics. Your writer will help pull out the right accomplishments and show you how to wordsmith each section so you can be empowered to continue crafting your resume with every career move. You’ll finally have a resume/cover letter combo you can feel confident about. You’ll be ready and on your way to continue the search solo!
*Note: Every client works at a different pace. Clients who prefer writing the entire resume “line-by-line” with the coach may sign on for additional Jumpstarter sessions until the resume is completed. Likewise, clients who prefer to focus on receiving non-writing-related coaching may opt for Noelle’s resume writing services in order to complete coaching in 4 sessions.
Job Search Accelerator
This coaching program is recommended for…
…individuals who have already received resume writing/branding support from NG Career Strategy. This program is designed for the more seasoned job seeker – someone who has already started the job search and is familiar with the basics but needs a bit more strategic support and accountability.
*For individuals who are new to the job search and have not received an optimized resume, Linkedin profile or cover letter from NG Career Strategy, we recommend the Job Search Jumpstarter program.
Who You Are
- You feel like your job search has fallen flat
- You’re losing motivation around your search and you’re afraid that your current lack of steam will sabotage your ability to stay confident
- You’ve optimized your branding materials (resume, LinkedIn, cover letter) but you’re not landing as many interviews as you’d like
- You’ve been in the job search for several months and it doesn’t look like the end is in sight
- You feel like your network is tapped out
What You Need
- A fresh set of eyes to assess your search and spot the gaps/opportunities
- A positive voice of encouragement to keep pushing you forward
- A hiring expert to ensure you aren’t missing any branding opportunities and selling points when communicating with your network/hiring managers; someone to help translate your optimized resume accomplishments and strongest stories when in key conversations
- A change in direction; a system shake-up to your current process and help you beef up your proactive search strategy
- Strategic networking to uncover new leads, more quickly
How Job Search Accelerator Works
Four 1-Hour Phone Sessions
Comprehensive Search Audit
Your coach will get up to speed on your current search to understand what’s working, what’s not and quickly identify the full lay of the land so that you can prepare to make all necessary strategy tweaks or enhancements.
Comprehensive Brand Materials Audit
Your coach will analyze your current branding across your resume, Linkedin and cover letter, to identify potentially hazardous brand messaging as well as selling opportunities. Your coach will also analyze your other online real estate at this time. Together your coach will help ensure you are delivering polished communications and messaging that might be sabotaging your current search activities.
Create Your Revised Strategy Plan
Using Noelle’s Search Strategy Roadmap, your coach and you will craft a detailed strategic plan for getting re-focused on the most strategic options for making quick progress.
Once your approach and materials have been analyzed, your coach will partner with you to improve EVERYTHING so that you are leaving nothing to chance in your search journey!
Strategic Networking Ramp Up
Your coach will jump into your search and guide you to generate new strategic contacts and job leads using proven research and network expansion activities.
Strategic Hiring Process Roadmap
Your coach will provide ongoing guidance around the hiring landscape so you can maneuver and optimize every interaction with recruiters, hiring managers, interviewers and key stakeholders in your application/interviewing process.
Who You Are
- You have an interview in the near future and need some urgent prep support! Interview Coaching is also great for those times you do not have an interview scheduled but anticipate interviews in the future and want to gain some extra time and practice
- It’s been a while since the last time you interviewed and you want to dust off the cobwebs
- You’re not sure about the best way to communicate your awesome resume achievements without sounding like you’re bragging
- You need some strategies for ensuring you’ve covered all of your biggest selling points in the interview conversation
- You are beyond nervous and perhaps even lacking in confidence. You’re not sure how to build yourself up or feel “in control” when you walk into the interview
What You Need
- A hiring/recruiting/interview expert to help identify and communicate your selling points, proactively address red flags, and create the most compelling interview talking points
- A positivity partner to help boost your self-esteem by finding the silver lining in your past work experience and helping you frame your answers accordingly
- Strategic preparation and focus for using your limited time to craft the most effective plan for covering all of the critical interview prep components
- Practice! A mock interview and constructive feedback to help you know exactly what works and what needs additional prep.
How Interview Coaching Works
Noelle’s team provides a variety of interview coaching packages depending on your timeline and level of urgency. Choose from the following options or mix and match multiple interview programs to create the optimum interview experience and land the job!
Interview Quick Prep – One 1-Hour Session
This laser-focused session works best when you have limited time to prepare and want to be sure you’ve covered all your bases before walking into the interview. This works best for folks who are fairly confident and comfortable with interviewing but just need a quick run-through to dust off any cobwebs.
*For rusty or first-time interviewers we recommend the Interview Prep & Practice package as it includes this coaching program as well as mock-interviewing for optimum comfort levels and confidence on the day of your big interview.
- A comprehensive run-through of everything you need to know about every phase of the interview and particulars around the interview format you will be experiencing (phone, video, in-person). This includes: how to prep, what to expect the day of, what to expect during and after, and how to successfully close/follow up
- Strategic answering guidance for the tough/intimidating questions related to career changing, past zingers that have shaken your confidence, and how to address red flags
- Tailored answering strategies based on the specific job and speaking to the specific hiring manager’s hot buttons as well as your specific experience
- Q&A with a hiring expert regarding your specific interview process/job fit/selling points/ etc.
- A ton of soundbites and strong examples for how to, structure your responses and communicate optimally
- Prep and strategy around the best questions to ask at the end of your interview as well as guidance for how to close the interview effectively/follow up
- Increased confidence knowing you have left nothing up to chance!
Interview Prep & Practice – Three 1-Hour Sessions
This interview coaching is similar to the interview quick prep but over a greater period of time to aid in calming of nerves/increase of confidence through extra practice. With your interview coach you will cover:
- In the first session, you will cover all of the components/topics included in the Interview Quick Prep coaching program
- In your second session, you will have the opportunity to review/touch on any questions/uncertainties from the first session. Significant time will be devoted to the mock interview/feedback process so that you can have a more thorough run-through of questions/feedback – simulating the interview conversation as closely as possible. During the mock interview, your coach will provide a solid mix of questions including the usual suspects, standard, tricky, intimidating and behavioral based questions.
- Between your 2nd and third session, you will have the opportunity to internalize and apply feedback from your mock interview into revised answers. You will also have time to practice your new responses for added confidence and ease of response in the final session
- In your third session, you will simulate a second mock interview, delivering your new revised answers. Your coach will focus on questions that presented problems in the first mock interview as well as some unexpected new questions to ensure you have learned how to apply the basic answering strategies from the prior 2 sessions. This creates an optimal approach for client especially if interview nerves, rambling/answer structuring, and confident delivery are part of your main concern.
Interview Standout Strategy – Two 1-Hour Sessions
Do you know how to stand out from the competition in the interview? This is a unique interview strategy for taking control, demonstrating initiative, covering all of your most important talking points (without forgetting anything) and showing your interviewer you are without fail, the best person for the job! This approach is recommended for:
- Executives looking to demonstrate confidence, leadership, and presenting skills
- Career changers hoping to demonstrate confidence in a new industry/role and especially in making a tough sell on fit
- Professionals in a highly competitive interview environment where quickly demonstrating confidence, problem-solving, and initiative is a must!
With your interview coach, you will learn how to create an interview presentation and take control of the interview using this proven stand-out approach hiring managers love! You will:
- Learn the interview presentation approach and how to shift interview gears to create a presentation opportunity – allowing you to take control of the conversation and engage the interviewer beyond standard interview questioning
- Receive a presentation template complete with all of the hiring manager’s hot buttons, optimum positioning of you as the best person for the job, and your action plan for day 1 on the job through ramp up and full speed – a clearly mapped out vision for when and how you will achieve value for the hiring manager
- Receive a repeatable proven approach for use in all future interviews
- Collaborate with your coach on position/company analysis to select the most attractive content for your presentation
- Receive a presentation critique from your coach after you’ve implemented the agreed content and delivered a mock presentation run-through
- Receive visual/design guidance to ensure your presentation is attractive and branded correctly for your professional brand, company culture, and specific role
Compensation & Negotiation Coaching – 1 Session + 1 Hour of email Q&A support during the negotiation process
*In order to optimize your negotiation, it is important to receive this coaching before your interview (before salary is discussed and before an offer is extended by the interviewer).
Do you know your worth? Are you prepared to ask for what you need to make you happy in your next role? A new job is great but without a well-constructed comp plan or negotiation process expertise, you are likely to start a new job earning much less than your worth! You’ve got the skills and we’ll provide the confidence so that you don’t leave anything on the table after you accept the offer. Partner with a hiring expert to learn your market value, structure your comp package accordingly, and manage the entire negotiation process with ease. You’ll learn everything you need to know for every future career move, on timing, talking points, how to make the ask, what to ask for, when to email/call etc. The goal of this program is to ensure a win-win for both parties so that everyone shows up with a smile on the first day of work after you’ve negotiated a raise! Here’s what you can expect from this powerful program:
- Learn how to get an idea of the compensation range for the role so that you know whether or not the opportunity is worth pursuing.
- Be absolutely prepared to respond to questions about your compensation for basic and complex salary packages during the interview and offer negotiation phase
- Learn how to structure and respond to the initial offer and subsequent communications in a way that will give you the leverage needed to secure a salary bump
- Learn the basic tools and tactics of a successful negotiation for use in initial offer phase as well as future performance reviews/raise requests
- Gain a clear understanding of your market worth as a professional in your field and at your level. You’ll also gain a clear understanding of how much to ask for in future moves / what is realistic for you
- Map out your current compensation package including: base salary, bonus, commission, medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K, stock option, retirement, tuition, gym membership, HSA/FSA, car allowance, mileage/gas/maintenance, parking, tolls, computer/laptop, cellular, relocation expenses, vacation, etc..
- Learn how to close with confidence using proven closing strategies that will help you take the emotion out of your decision-making process and pave a clear path forward, based on facts.
Who You Are
- You are motivated and ready to go when it comes to your career
- You want to manage your job search by yourself. You’re definitely a DIY kind of person when it comes to stuff like this!
- You don’t want to hire a coach until you are sure you’ve exhausted all your current options
- You are early in your job search process
- You might be mid-job search or very familiar with the job search but in-need of some quick answers to help you move forward
What You Need
- Expert insight so you can have a credible sounding board, get your answers quick, and move on
- Hiring insight so you can ensure you are approaching your search in a way that is appealing to hiring managers and also decode any hiring process nuances
- An actionable plan you can follow
- Someone with big picture and tactical career perspective
How the Strategy Planning Call Works
One 1-Hour Phone Session
In this powerful hour, you’ll have the opportunity to unload any mental strain and have an honest career conversation with an objective strategy expert who “gets it.” You’ll also benefit from Noelle’s executive recruiting & hiring background. Noelle will help you quickly identify roadblocks, tweak your current approach as needed and come up with a plan for getting on track towards achieving your career goals. You’ll walk away empowered with the confidence and insight necessary for moving forward!
Client Case Studies
Robin, F500 Executive
Resume Services | Interview Coaching & Support Services
Being a smart VP, with little spare time to achieve her career endeavors in addition to her full-time job, Robin knew she didn’t want to leave her job search to chance. She wanted to ease into her next role with the help of experts. She became an NG Career Strategy client and was able to access the right tools, approach, and experts needed to land a great job!Read More
Robin initially came to Noelle for branding help and received a total makeover on her resume, Linkedin profile and cover letter. Being a busy executive, she knew that she didn't have the time to work and rework her resume over and over and over again... She signed up for The Works and within 2 weeks was fully rebranded and submitting applications.
As Robin was submitting job applications she noticed that she wasn't receiving the response rate she had hoped for. Since NG Career Strategy offers a 30-day guarantee on all resumes [hyperlink to resume page] , Robin returned to let her writer know something wasn't quite right. Her writer immediately reviewed the job descriptions to see why Robin wasn’t receiving a higher response rate.
After reviewing the job descriptions it was clear that Robin wasn't landing interviews because she was way too overqualified for the job for which she was applying. Her writer identified the hiring language that indicated Robin was better off targeting higher level roles. Her writer also did a preliminary search for better-fit opportunities and sent a few job descriptions to Robin to illustrate more appropriate roles.
Robin took the ball and ran with it after receiving strategic job fit guidance from her writer. She actively pursued new job applications and a few months later, landed MULTIPLE interviews. She knew she didn't want to risk a bad interview so she reached back out to NG Career Strategy for interview prep & support. [hyperlink to interview coaching section or product] Being a seasoned executive, Robin felt great about her interview skills but needed help with asking great questions during her panel interviewer, crafting unique and strategic "thank you" notes for each interviewer and also preparing customized interview packets for each interviewer.
The NG team took took care of everything and Robin was able to focus on getting her head in the game and wowing her interviewers! As she advanced in the interview process Robin realized she needed a way to stand out. Partnering with the NG Career Strategy interview experts, Robin was coached on how to stand out and highlight her expertise using a strategic interview presentation. This gave Robin the extra edge by allowing her to take control of the interview and communicate to her interviewers that she was serious, qualified and ready to hit the ground running!
Robin's interviews were a smashing success and she found herself negotiating two offers. She had the luxury of selecting the job and offer she wanted most.
Benefits You’ll Receive
- A job search partner with the expertise you need
- Absolute confidence in your resume, cover letter, and Linkedin profile
- Motivation, positivity, accountability & rapid movement forward
- Guidance on how to start & navigate your entire job search
- Strategic insight around application responses/lack of responses
- Hiring insight for engaging HR/companies/recruiters
- Access to the hidden job market through strategic networking
- Expanded network and an increase in high value industry contacts
- Linkedin mastery that will produce optimized short and long-term career strategy
- The confidence, strategy & branding needed to make a career change
Sign Up for the Coaching Program that Best Fits Your Needs
We’re ready to help you reach your job search and career goals. Sign up and take the first step towards making those goals a reality!
Submit the Coaching Client Intake Form
After signing up for coaching services, you’ll receive a link to our client intake form. Once you have submitted the form your coach will be in touch within 48 hours to schedule your first session.
Your Coach will Contact You to Schedule Your First Session and Get Started!
Get ready to make some serious career progress. You’ll have an expert by your side every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I recover the investment I put into your coaching programs?
Yes, a resounding Yes! I want you to stop reading for just one moment to ask yourself, “What is happiness worth to me, and what will happen if I keep postponing or experiencing roadblocks in my job search?” Chances are, landing a new job quicker will deliver both the happiness and increase in income necessary to be a worthwhile investment. The information and skills you learn with my program will also serve you for years to come, beyond our initial coaching work since you will be equipped to land a new job next time you need it. In my programs, you will be learning valuable job search skills & mastery for life!
What you’re regularly getting with this program (and my coaching) is what I call a series of AHAs! that will move your job hunt faster than you would on your own. Expect to get a lot of these as well as the resources you’ve been looking for and haven’t found until now. That’s what you’re investing in, proven tips, tricks, results, valuable resources, a job search accountability buddy and ultimately, happiness.
How can I guarantee myself that I will get more job interviews or offers, in record time?
Do all of your assignments and be open to pushing yourself outside your comfort zone. Be mentally focused and on board with landing a new job. Understand that it’s not a “quick fix,” it’s not magic and it can take up to several months for you to plant all the seeds and for those seeds to grow into the fruit that you can enjoy. All my clients who have diligently applied every step of my program, have successfully generated interviews and contacts, in much less time than they would have on their own AND have landed a new job much quicker than if they had been going it alone.
How quickly can I expect results?
Obviously, this depends on market demand for someone with your background and how much you put into the assignments that we give you. Also, keep in mind that the interview process can sometimes be drawn out, depending on the employer timeline. That said, virtually all clients see results within the first couple of months (sometimes even weeks) in the form of interviews or job offers. For someone who is branded incorrectly and therefore not producing any results, the minimum length of time to learn and implement our approach before you can expect to see results in our job search coaching program, is 90 days. Figuring out the best career move for you, creating the perfect brand and building a robust network, are just a few of the critical activities you’ll be focused on (all of which take time to flourish).
Together you and your coach will make impactful changes and tweaks to your approach and professional branding which will increase your chances for interviews. If you’re in need of career path clarity (aka figuring out what you want to be when you grow up) expect the process to take a bit longer. A total career path clarity + job search program takes a minimum of 4-5 months to really see the results roll in. While 5 months may seem like a long time, it’s important to remember the average job search without a coach, lasts 6 months, (even longer for someone who doesn’t know what they want to do next or career changers). By committing to work with our coaches you are guaranteed to land the best job for you and your long-term career goals. The fact that you will be avoiding years stuck in the wrong career path after only a few months, makes these programs totally worth it!
What results can I expect?
You can expect to:
- Hone in on the EXACT levels, jobs, titles and companies that will be in the market for an employee like you
- Gain greater confidence knowing you have a compelling high-impact, keyword-rich resume that will capture the attention of employers and recruiters, producing call-backs and interview opportunities
- Produce an optimized keyword-rich Linkedin profile that will increase views and contacts as well as generate interest with the appropriate recruiting audience
- Refine and/or produce a high-impact elevator pitch and cover letter that will stand out and compliment your resume
- Make your professional brand stand out in your industry and in the marketplace
- Have a simplified, effective strategy with your background and future goals in mind
- Get proven ways of producing results so the job search becomes less ambiguous
- Have a repeatable strategy for your future job search
- Learn how to handle your search (and your time) more efficiently so you actually have time for MORE applications and networking.
- Get out there and network effectively (on or offline)
- Work smarter at landing a job, not harder
- Receive full-time support and resources from an expert to eliminate even the slightest confusion you may experience along the way (a “job buddy”) so to speak
- Motivation to help stay on track and focused on the job search
- Stay accountable to your goals and achieve them
- Introductions to my industry contacts (when appropriate) and new strategic contacts of your own
- Proven interview techniques and practice steeped in research and applied to your unique background so you can approach the interview with confidence and clarity
- Interview best practices to get you through the process while displaying absolute stellar impressions along the way
- Get proven techniques you can apply right away to not have to reinvent the job search wheel on your own
- Receive specific tools and templates for you to use.
- Land more interviews than you’re landing now, while enjoying more free time and feeling more confident and in control of your future
- Learn how to feel comfortable in the interview setting by being prepared and ready to deliver consistent, strong answers aimed at attracting the hiring manager to your professional brand.
- Implement systems so you consistently market your value easily and can finally stop struggling with the job search, for good.
Does this really work?
Yes! The result of my work is an approach to positioning yourself and “headhunting” your job that works consistently to attract hiring managers and interviews.
For what type of professional are your programs NOT going to work?
Please know we are very selective in who we work with and we cherry-pick clients, choosing to (gently) turn away people who aren’t suited for my programs and won’t get the results for which they would have signed up. (It wouldn’t be fair to them).
One type of person we won’t work with (without exception) is the whiner or the chronic skeptic, as well as individuals who consistently make excuses for not getting their assignments done or who challenge every aspect of the program. If you are one of these people, I gently and respectfully ask that you do not sign up and I hope you understand why. We’ll probably just not work well together and I wouldn’t want you to waste your time or money.
My programs are also not for individuals with no money coming in and absolutely, financially desperate, at least not right away. It’s been my experience that people in financial crisis do not trust the recommendations I give them and do not do the work (probably because they spend so much time worrying about where they are going to get next month’s rent check or mortgage payment).
If you fall into this category, it’s absolutely OK. We’ve all been in times of financial crisis at one point or another. My membership subscription is designed for individuals on a budget looking for a DIY option and access to my full slate of resources and teaching.
So what is expected of my coach? Are you going to introduce me to companies & hiring managers?
Your coach will be facilitating the process: helping with goal setting, teaching you how this all works, and holding you accountable so that you achieve the goals set within the program timeline. It will be up to you to do the assignments (with your coach’s support, of course).
Your coach will do everything in his/her power to help you succeed so although it will be on you to complete the work and position yourself for success, your coach will be an active participant in helping with the finishing touches (resume, Linkedin, Cover Letter, Power Statements, Elevator Pitch) to guarantee you meet the “headhunter” stamp of approval! I should also mention that your coach will be available for support to answer any questions you have along the way, in between sessions. This will help to put your mind at ease knowing someone’s got your back!
At the core of my system, and throughout the preparation phase, is my belief that the job seeker needs to understand everything they are doing, writing and saying about their professional brand and positioning, so that you can explain everything with confidence in the interview setting. We can get you to the interview, but we can’t interview with you, so you’ll actually be thankful you put in the time as you enter your interview with confidence!
In terms of company placement, I want to be very clear that I am not a recruiter. Unbeknownst to most people, recruiters do not work to help job seekers find jobs. Recruiters answer to the hiring company that is paying for their placements. Thus, recruiters will only pursue qualified candidates that they believe have a good chance of being hired (and making them money)! Not me and my team. We work for you and job seekers everywhere. With that said, because my goal is to help you land a job in a very strategic way, including networking, we are happy to introduce you to any relevant connections in our network, assuming you are qualified for their roles. To introduce an unqualified candidate would tarnish our credibility, making us (and the candidate) appear clueless as to how this all works. And we definitely aren’t in the business of making anyone look clueless! :)
What type of personality do you work best with and what is expected of me in your coaching program?
My coaching programs are created for people who are ready for much-needed change and absolutely serious about getting a new job and ending what I call the “job search paralysis”, meaning, wanting to change jobs but making excuses instead of taking decisive strategic action. They were created for you to put systems and optimized professional branding in place within a few months (sometimes weeks!) which will eventually lead to more interviews – which will turn into job offers and ultimately make you happier.
Being a high achieving go-getter myself, I’m known to work best with other high achieving go-getters who are super-ready to get going and just want to know exactly what steps to take to land a job.
Consider what you’ll do with me to be an action-learning course. You will be expected to take serious and consistent action during my program. No more excuses; just a very different way of thinking and full support while you achieve this incredibly exciting goal: landing a new job quickly, getting your career on track, and being much happier in your daily life.
How are you different from other career coaches?
I am different from other career coaches for 2 reasons:
I used to be a recruiter. Very few career coaches that I’ve come across bring this perspective to the table. In fact most career coaches come from a writing or training background, lacking the critical “headhunter instinct” and insights needed to implement a smarter more efficient approach. (I’m about quick results).
I’m not a Jill-of-all-trades-coach so I can focus on serious seekers like you. Traditional career coaches spend time on resumes, Linkedin and general career management services. However, I am a career strategy expert and consultant. I ONLY work with job seekers who are ready to make a change, looking to be held accountable and are open to learning and implementing a proven strategic approach. In other words, I don’t consult with people who are unsure about changing jobs or who aren’t open to doing what it takes. I refer those clients to other coaches. What that means to you is that I am very focused on anything and everything that works for the hungry job seeker. Because my focus is more laser-focused than the traditional career coach or service, what you get with me is no-nonsense, undiluted expertise on what works for smart job seekers. I’ve simply become an expert at this stuff and that’s why my clients, groups and customers get great results (not to mention a healthy dose of compassion, humor and encouragement, which ALWAYS helps)! The same goes for my staff. I only hire the best-in-class experts who share my values and high quality of work. My team is results-focused, extremely savvy, and a whole lot of fun!
Have you worked with people in my industry?
Coming from a recruiting background, and having written thousands of resume and Linkedin profiles, I have worked with clients from a wide range of functions and industries. Most likely I have worked with people in your field. Yet, I have to share with you that if I haven’t, you won’t be disadvantaged. Here’s why:
Regardless of industry, function, or level, every job seeker faces the same challenges. If industry knowledge was the key to your landing a job, you would have landed one by now; but it's not.
It's a combination of industry expertise, hiring expertise, strategic networking, job description analysis, research, resume writing best practices, ATS & keyword strategy, and branding expertise that really produces an optimized job search. Our clients are the subject matter experts and we bring the rest! You can be confident that your coach knows the right questions to ask to pull out specific industry expertise that will be of value to the process.
What my current and former clients have found exceedingly helpful in working with my team, is the addition of a fresh recruiter perspective as well as strategic “headhunter research capabilities.” They also find tremendous value in the questions presented in our client intake process and during the coaching sessions. They also find my customized tools and resources to be unique and helpful to the process. Because of this, we are able to transform their professional brands and attract the best-fit jobs and hiring managers.
What kind of support do you offer and how do I know which kind is for me?
That’s a great question (I’m so glad you asked)! Let me walk you through the different areas of support I offer:
- Career & Job Search Coaching: This is ideal for you if you’ve been applying to tons of jobs to no avail (and with no or very little response), unsure/unmotivated to start applying to jobs, or just rusty in general when it comes to making your next career move. Ideally, you would want to start coaching 3-6 months in advance of your current job’s expiration date (sometimes the job search can really take time so don’t wait until it’s too late). However, I do work with individuals who are more “last minute Lucy” and really help to build momentum in moving the job search forward. Career Coaching is also ideal if you’re someone who is totally unsure about the next move, changing career paths or in need of a bit more polish in your presentation. Some areas where we offer specific coaching include: making a career change, staying organized and focused in the job search, Linkedin coaching, figuring out career paths/dream jobs, salary negotiation, StrenghsFinder Assessment and leverage, and interviewing. See my coaching program descriptions above for more detail around the right program for you.
- Writing Services (Resumes, Cover Letter, Linkedin Profiles): These services are ideal for someone who is lacking when it comes to the branding pieces of the job search. The typical resume writing client is someone who hates to write about him/herself, struggles to pull out the unique brilliance in every word, is uncertain about resume real estate or the prime eye-catching areas and/or a unfamiliar with ATS systems including best-in-industry keywords/SEO. There are a few signs you may be in need of resume writing support: you aren’t hearing back from your applications or you are hearing back for the wrong types of roles. We offer several different resume packages (all crafted for very specific application goals). The same goes for Linkedin: If you haven’t received a whole lot of contact via Linkedin, from your target network, there’s a good chance your profile is not optimized. Since employers hunt for talent online, you can bet they will see your Linkedin profile before your resume and you can’t afford to get this wrong. If you are lacking a robust, maxed out summary and other key profile parts, you’ll want to consider a Linkedin rewrite ASAP!
- One-Hour Strategy Consultation: We do offer advice via our phone consulting service. In this focused session, you’ll receive a crash course in focus, strategy and best practices necessary for total job search domination. You and the career expert best suited for your career goals will spend time putting together the best strategy for you so that you can walk away with a step-by-step plan and added confidence knowing you are on track to achieving your goals. This is a great way for interested individuals to sample our more robust coaching programs. The strategy consultation is also great for individuals who are already deep in the job search and just need to pick an expert's brain in order to answer questions about the various job search/hiring situations that arise. If you are just starting the job search and want a high-level strategy, and Q&A, this can also be valuable. However, for deeper dives into branding mechanics, career path clarity, etc. this program will simply not offer enough time.
- Membership to Noelle's Community: This is a virtual solution if you are more of a DIY-er and want to really own your process and receive pre-recorded expert guidance at a significantly lower price point. You'll have access to all of Noelle's tools, templates, resources, courses, etc. You will even have access to exclusive member discounts on writing and coaching services!
- Group Coaching, Webinars, and Workshops: If there’s one thing I absolutely LOVE, it’s reaching a TON of job seekers in need, at once. This is where my workshops come into the picture. I've traveled all over the country (and led virtual presentations worldwide) supporting every kind of group you can imagine! If you need an engaging speaker, webinar, program or just someone to tell your group what’s up in the world of career today, don’t hesitate to get in touch for a quote.
Who are your coaching clients exactly?
I work with people who are either currently employed but in need of a new job, or people in a professional transition (graduates, unemployed, career change, etc) and have not had any luck in the job search. I work with professionals who are ready for change; however, have no time, energy, motivation or have never been taught exactly how to approach the job search in a way that produces results quickly. That said, the professions and industries I’ve worked with run the whole gamut.
Combined with my team of expert resume writers and coaches, we’ve supported clients in some of the following industries and categories: fashion, technology, IT, startups, global business, education, social services, finance, non-profit, marketing, product development, entry-level, millennials, mid-level, executives, aspiring executives, women, stay-at-home moms returning to the workforce, women seeking promotions, professionals in transition, brand transformations, military, healthcare, career changers and more.
How long have you been doing what you do as a career coach and job search expert?
My entire career has been what you might call a work-in-progress leading up to my work as a career strategy expert today. While I’ve been formally working in career strategy since 2011, I’ve spent several years struggling to figure out the job search after college and MBA graduation.
It wasn’t until I started working as an Executive Recruiter that I really started to understand where job seekers and for that matter, all professionals, tend to stumble when maneuvering the job search and overall career management.
As an Executive Recruiter, I lived in Linkedin, connected with and screened the best talent in the market, and reviewed hundreds of resumes. It was through this role that I came to learn about the world of finding and hiring top talent. I was also surprised to learn how little job seekers at all levels knew about landing a job.
I found this troubling because these job seeker mistakes seemed so obvious from the recruiter perspective. Yet they were the same mistakes I had made in my initial job search.
Through my work in recruiting I realized how effortless landing a job could be when approached in the right way. When it came time to land my next job, I was able to use my headhunter experience and resume expertise to land the first job for which I applied, greatly reducing the amount of time spent in the job search (from 6 months down to 1)!
After executive recruiting, I moved into the career management space within the executive recruiting industry. In this role, I focused on product development, customer experience, digital marketing and web-based business. I also worked alongside some of the best resume writers in the industry, to help senior executive job seekers navigate the world of executive recruiting and career strategy. I was amazed to learn that even the very experienced senior audience was pretty confused when it came to the job search and all of its moving pieces: online applications, ATS systems, online branding, Linkedin & social media strategy… Talk about totally new terrain!
Seeing the over-saturated career resource market, lack of truly valuable market support and worse yet, really frustrated professionals hitting job search dead-ends, I decided to bring my expertise to everyone in need. I have since made a commitment to dedicate my professional life to helping job seekers land jobs and find happiness using a smarter and more efficient approach.
Since then, I’ve worked with hundreds of clients, spoken in front of groups at all career levels, provided training to hundreds of job seekers, and have created a goldmine of resources that every job seeker needs to apply, in order to land more job interviews in record time. I’ve also spent time turning my training and unique approach into bite-sized, easy-to-digest programs in order to bring my job-landing insights to job seekers everywhere.
I want you to experience these same results just like I did when I discovered the winning approach that took my clients from feeling frustrated and discouraged, to happy and employed.