My entire career has been what you might call a work-in-progress leading up to my work as a career strategy expert today. While I’ve been formally working in career strategy since 2011, I’ve spent several years struggling to figure out the job search after college and MBA graduation.
It wasn’t until I started working as an Executive Recruiter that I really started to understand where job seekers and for that matter, all professionals, tend to stumble when maneuvering the job search and overall career management. You can learn more about my full story here.
As an Executive Recruiter, I lived in Linkedin, connected with and screened the best talent in the market, and reviewed hundreds of resumes. It was through this role that I came to learn about the world of finding and hiring top talent. I was also surprised to learn how little job seekers at all levels knew about landing a job.
I found this troubling because these job seeker mistakes seemed so obvious from the recruiter perspective. Yet they were the same mistakes I had made in my initial job search.
Through my work in recruiting I realized how effortless landing a job could be when approached in the right way. When it came time to land my next job, I was able to use my headhunter experience and resume expertise to land the first job for which I applied, greatly reducing the amount of time spent in the job search (from 6 months down to 1)!
After executive recruiting, I moved into the career management space within the executive recruiting industry. In this role, I focused on product development, customer experience, digital marketing and web-based business. I also worked alongside some of the best resume writers in the industry, to help senior executive job seekers navigate the world of executive recruiting and career strategy. I was amazed to learn that even the very experienced senior audience was pretty confused when it came to the job search and all of its moving pieces: online applications, ATS systems, online branding, Linkedin & social media strategy… Talk about totally new terrain!
Seeing the over-saturated career resource market, lack of truly valuable market support and worse yet, really frustrated professionals hitting job search dead-ends, I decided to bring my expertise to everyone in need. I have since made a commitment to dedicate my professional life to helping job seekers land jobs and find happiness using a smarter and more efficient approach.
Since then, I’ve worked with hundreds of clients, spoken in front of groups at all career levels, provided training to hundreds of job seekers, and have created a 3-step system a step-by-step guide built that every job seeker needs to apply, in order to land more job interviews in record time. I’ve also spent time turning my training and unique approach into bite-sized, easy-to-digest programs in order to bring my job-landing insights to job seekers everywhere. Here’s one I designed based on my highly sought-after Linkedin training programs.
I want you to experience these same results just like I did when I discovered the winning approach that took my clients from feeling frustrated and discouraged, to happy and employed.
I work with people who are either currently employed but in need of a new job, or people in a professional transition (graduates, unemployed, career change, etc) and have not had any luck in the job search. I work with professionals who are ready for change; however, have no time, energy, motivation or have never been taught exactly how to approach the job search in a way that produces results quickly. That said, the professions and industries I’ve worked with run the whole gamut.
Combined with my team of expert resume writers and coaches, we’ve supported clients in some of the following industries and categories: fashion, technology, IT, startups, global business, education, social services, finance, non-profit, marketing, product development, entry-level, millennials, mid-level, executives, aspiring executives, women, stay-at-home moms returning to the workforce, women seeking promotions, professionals in transition, brand transformations, military, healthcare, career changers and more.
That’s a great question (I’m so glad you asked)! Let me walk you through the different areas of support I offer:
- Career & Job Search Coaching: This is ideal for you if you’ve been applying to tons of jobs to no avail (and with no or very little response), unsure/unmotivated to start applying to jobs, or just rusty in general when it comes to making your next career move. Ideally, you would want to start coaching 3-6 months in advance of your current job’s expiration date (sometimes the job search can really take time so don’t wait until it’s too late).However, I do work with individuals who are more “last minute Lucy” and really help to build momentum in moving the job search forward. Career Coaching is also ideal if you’re someone who is totally unsure about the next move, changing career paths or in need of a bit more polish in your presentation. Some areas where we offer specific coaching include: figuring out career paths/dream jobs, getting promoted, salary negotiation, interviewing and finding life’s purpose. We also offer targeted coaching around the job search, applications, staying focused, recruiter strategy, networking and every piece needed to secure a new job. If you’re not exactly sure which kind of support is for you, we’re always happy to make a recommendation. Just fill out this form.
- Writing Services (Resumes, Cover Letter, Linkedin Profiles): These services are ideal for someone who is quite adept at the job search but lacking when it comes to the branding piece. The typical resume writing client is someone who hates to write about him/herself, struggles to pull out the unique brilliance in every word, is uncertain about resume real estate or the prime eye-catching areas and/or a bit unfamiliar with ATS systems including best-in-industry keywords/SEO.There are a few signs you may be in need of resume writing support: you aren’t hearing back from your applications or you are hearing back for the wrong types of roles. We offer several different resume packages (all crafted for very specific application goals). You can learn more about each package here. YouThe same goes for Linkedin: If you haven’t received a whole lot of contact via Linkedin, from your target network, there’s a good chance your profile is not optimized. Since employers hunt for talent online, you can bet they will see your Linkedin profile before your resume and you can’t afford to get this wrong. If you are lacking a robust, maxed out summary and other key profile parts, you’ll want to consider a Linkedin rewrite ASAP!
- One-Hour Private Consultation: We do offer advice via our phone consulting service. In this focused session, you’ll receive the clarity, strategy and best practices necessary for total job search domination. You and the career expert best suited for your career goals will spend time putting together the best strategy for you so that you can walk away with a step-by-step plan and added confidence knowing you are on track to achieving your goals.
- Online Courses: This is a virtual solution if you are more of a DIY-er and want to really own your process and receive pre-recorded expert guidance at a significantly lower pricepoint. Info on our courses can be found here.
- Group Coaching and Workshops: If there’s one thing we absolutely LOVE, it’s reaching a TON of job seekers in need, at once. This is where our workshops come into the picture. We’ve traveled all over the country (and led virtual presentations worldwide) supporting every kind of group you can imagine! If you need an engaging speaker, program or just someone to tell your group what’s up in the world of career today, don’t hesitate to get in touch for a quote. Here’s a sample of our programs, clients and attendee experiences.
Coming from a recruiting background, I have worked with hundreds of clients in a wide scope of functions and industries. Most likely I have worked with people in your field. Yet, I have to share with you that if I haven’t, you won’t be disadvantaged. Here’s why: regardless of industry or level, every job seeker faces the same challenges. The job search, resume writing and everything in between is overwhelming. The missing piece for every job seeker I’ve worked with is hiring perspective and brand positioning knowledge. What my current and former clients have found exceedingly helpful in working with my team, is the addition of a fresh recruiter perspective as well as strategic “headhunter research capabilities.” They also find tremendous value in my resources – custom-designed resources they’ve never heard of before. Because of this, they transform their professional brand and attract the best-fit jobs and hiring managers.
To learn more about the industries we’ve supported, you can always check out my client success stories here. My team has written thousands of resumes, coached close to 1000 individuals and crafted hundreds of Linkedin profiles to perfection! If you’re still feeling a little unsure about whether or not we can support your unique career needs, don’t be shy. We’ll happily analyze your profile to advise on what is most beneficial for you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am different from other career coaches for 2 reasons:
- I used to be a recruiter. Very few career coaches that I’ve come across bring this perspective to the table. In fact most career coaches come from a writing or training background, lacking the critical “headhunter instinct” and insights needed to implement a smarter more efficient approach. (I’m about quick results).
- I’m not a Jill-of-all-trades-coach so I can focus on serious seekers like you. Traditional career coaches spend time on resumes, Linkedin and general career management services. However, I am a career strategy expert and consultant. I ONLY work with job seekers who are ready to make a change, looking to be held accountable and are open to learning and implementing a proven strategic approach. In other words, I don’t consult with people who are unsure about changing jobs or who aren’t open to doing what it takes. I refer those clients to other coaches. What that means to you is that I am very focused on anything and everything that works for the hungry job seeker. Because my focus is more laser-focused than the traditional career coach or service, what you get with me is no-nonsense, undiluted expertise on what works for smart job seekers. I’ve simply become an expert at this stuff and that’s why my clients, groups and customers get great results (not to mention a healthy dose of compassion, humor and encouragement, which ALWAYS helps)! The same goes for my staff. I only work with the best-in-class experts who share my values and high quality of work. My team is results-focused, extremely savvy, and a whole lot of fun!
My coaching programs are created for people who are ready for much-needed change and absolutely serious about getting a new job and ending what I call the “job search paralysis”, meaning, wanting to change jobs but making excuses instead of taking decisive strategic action. They were created for you to put systems and optimized professional branding in place within a few months (sometimes weeks!) which will eventually lead to more interviews – which will turn into job offers and ultimately make you happier.
Being a high achieving go-getter myself, I’m known to work best with other high achieving go-getters who are super-ready to get going and just want to know exactly what steps to take to land a job.
Consider what you’ll do with me to be an action-learning course. You will be expected to take serious and consistent action during my program. No more excuses; just a very different way of thinking and full support while you achieve this incredibly exciting goal: landing a new job quickly, getting your career on track, and being much happier in your daily life.
Your coach will be facilitating the process: helping with goal setting, teaching you how this all works, and holding you accountable so that you achieve the goals set within the program timeline. It will be up to you to do the assignments (with your coach’s support, of course).
Your coach will do everything in his/her power to help you succeed so although it will be on you to complete the work and position yourself for success, your coach will be an active participant in helping with the finishing touches (resume, Linkedin, Cover Letter, Power Statements, Elevator Pitch) to guarantee you meet the “headhunter” stamp of approval! I should also mention that your coach will be available for support to answer any questions you have along the way, in between sessions. This will help to put your mind at ease knowing someone’s got your back!
At the core of my system, and throughout the preparation phase, is my belief that the job seeker needs to understand everything they are doing, writing and saying about their professional brand and positioning, so that you can explain everything with confidence in the interview setting. We can get you to the interview, but we can’t interview with you, so you’ll actually be thankful you put in the time as you enter your interview with confidence!
In terms of company placement, I want to be very clear that I am not a recruiter. Unbeknownst to most people, recruiters do not work to help job seekers find jobs. Recruiters answer to the hiring company that is paying for their placements. Thus, recruiters will only pursue qualified candidates that they believe have a good chance of being hired (and making them money)! Not me and my team. We work for you and job seekers everywhere. With that said, because my goal is to help you land a job in a very strategic way, including networking, we are happy to introduce you to any relevant connections in our network, assuming you are qualified for their roles. To introduce an unqualified candidate would tarnish our credibility, making us (and the candidate) appear clueless as to how this all works. And we definitely aren’t in the business of making anyone look clueless! :)
Please know we are very selective in who we work with and we cherry-pick clients, choosing to (gently) turn away people who aren’t suited for my programs and won’t get the results for which they would have signed up. (It wouldn’t be fair to them).
One type of person we won’t work with (without exception) is the whiner or the chronic skeptic, as well as individuals who consistently make excuses for not getting their assignments done or who challenge every aspect of the program. If you are one of these people, I gently and respectfully ask that you not call and I hope you understand why. We’ll probably just not work well together and I wouldn’t want you to waste your time or money.
My programs are also not for individuals with no money coming in and absolutely, financially desperate, at least not right away. It’s been my experience that people in financial crisis do not trust the recommendations I give them and do not do the work (probably because they spend so much time worrying about where they are going to get next month’s rent check or mortgage payment).
If you fall into this category, it’s absolutely OK. We’ve all (including me) been in times of financial crisis at one point or another. I do offer some options that might be more budget-friendly.
- Check out some of my DIY career resources. While they are more of a DIY solution at a lower price point, they are still incredibly effective and contain a TON of helpful information for immediate implementation and results.
- Sign up for the free weekly career advice via email (Click here to subscribe.) The free information will get you started towards your goals until you’re ready to work with me one-on-one. (I also offer ongoing discounts and goodies exclusively for my loyal e-letter readers).
- Lastly, you’ll want to check out my blog (and be sure to sign up for my FREE resume templates while you’re there). These three actions alone will help to get you moving in the right direction.
If you really really really want to work with us in real-time, and know you need that level of support, but you still don’t have the budget, one suggestion would be to get some money coming in with a full-time or part-time job at the very least, and then call me. This will take the edge off and provide a little more peace of mind. Mostly, it will de-clutter your mind enough to focus on your coaching assignments and the BIG picture goal. Once you start seeing the interviews come in regularly as a result of our work, you can then start reducing the hours you work at that other job and focus on your own job.
Doing these things will really help you get primed for our work. When you’re ready, contact me and we’ll get you started.(I’m in no rush and will be here when you need me).
The job search is complicated enough as it is and life is way too short without wasting a ton of time and energy in a job search that’s not producing results. This is the inspiration for my simplified approach to landing a job. My signature 3-step approach consists of:
- Knowing who you are as a professional, what makes you tick and what makes you valuable as a professional.
- Knowing what you’re going after and making sure it is a move that is meant to bring you fulfillment or set you on the path to a more fulfilling career.
- Going after your target full-speed ahead so that you are performing ONLY the most necessary and highly-strategic activities for reaching your goal in record time.
While we do have several coaching options to choose from, identify where you’re currently at before deciding how to move forward and which critical activities to incorporate, fully customizing a program to YOUR specific needs. We have developed a series of modules which you can learn more about here. We provide standard career coaching on areas like interviewing, negotiations, job search, leadership, etc. and will craft the package and components that make the most sense for you. While in our programs here is some of the specific support we provide:
1. Intake and Needs Assessment
Every client starts with the Assessment Expert to clarify brand, strengths, and targets.
2. Clarity Track
If you’re not crystal clear on your next move, we’ll recommend the clarity track. In our experience, without career clarification, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to hone in on hiring manager hot buttons.
3. Job Search a Prioritization
We examine when in the day (and how) you are making time for finding a new job, make room in your schedule, prioritize your daily task lists, schedule in follow-up time, put a pause on non-essential “leaks” in your job hunt bucket, so you can fully invest yourself in landing a new job. Essentially, we clear the deck for what’s most important and figure out the pitfalls you have experienced so far.
4. Define Objective(s) and Target(s)
We will examine the reason behind the job search to ensure that the next job offers something more than you are getting now. Based on your ultimate objective(s) we will then take a closer look at your ideal next job and figure out if there are variations or side steps (if you are lacking in experience) needed to get to where you eventually want to be. We will find out if your targets are on point with your objectives or if some recalibration is needed throughout the process. Once you know what you’re going after, we will scour the market for best-fit jobs. This is not your traditional online job search. You are in headhunter terrain now and finding ALL of the best job postings for you is how we work. You will be ready to take a new, more strategic approach to finding the right job for you.
5. Strategize Your Unique Positioning & Hiring Manager Mindset
Once we have set your target we will examine where you are positioned in the marketplace and what your compelling story is. We will spend some time establishing your candidate skill set, experience and unique selling points that will be attractive given your target(s), ultimately motivating prospective employers to want to hire you. We will also spend time getting to the bottom of the Hiring Manager’s mindset for your target job description.
6. Create Your Keyword Kit
Making your resume stand out, marketing your profile, being found in the market and getting past online applicant tracking systems (otherwise known as job board black holes) will require the right keywords throughout every aspect of your search. We will apply market research, recruiting insights and your industry expertise to come up with the best keyword set for you.
7. Craft High Impact Marketing Materials
Here’s where we tackle the resume, Linkedin profile, elevator pitch and cover letter. You will learn how to weave your unique value throughout each resume bullet and online profile in a way that attracts hiring managers. You will also receive the recruiter insight into the best way to format your resume for the recruiter line of sight, essentially making it an easier read and capturing attention immediately (that’s right, no more resumes in the trash). Finally, you will receive the truth and clarity you’ve always needed in all of these materials!
8. Make the Right Connections
Networking is not for everyone, but it is an important part of the job search. Even if you are not a fan of in-person networking, we will create other online relationships using Linkedin and the oftentimes overlooked recruiting network. We will be sure that the right people in your industry are on the lookout for a new opportunity for you. Where appropriate I will also share my personal network for your benefit.
9. Get out there in a BIGGER way
You have the right direction, presence, resumes, materials, and strategy. Now it’s all about putting yourself out there consistently and in the right way. Of course, your coach will be by your side through text, email or your preferred method of communication to support you throughout the entire process as well.
In addition to these focus areas, you will learn all sorts of new things to manage your career more easily. This is all part of my goal to make your time work for YOU, to help you work smarter not harder to eliminate the feelings of anxiety or exhaustion holding you back, and set up systems for lifelong career transition.
Yes! The result of my work is an approach to positioning yourself and “headhunting” your job that works consistently to attract hiring managers and interviews.
You can expect to:
- Hone in on the EXACT levels, jobs, titles and companies that will be in the market for an employee like you
- Create multiple compelling high-impact, keyword-rich resumes that will capture the attention of employers and recruiters, producing call-backs and interview opportunities
- Produce an optimized keyword-rich Linkedin profile that will increase views and contacts as well as generate interest with the appropriate recruiting audience
- Refine and/or produce a high-impact elevator pitch and cover letter that will stand out and compliment your resume
- Make your professional brand stand out in your industry and in the marketplace
- Have a simplified, effective strategy with your background and future goals in mind
- Get proven ways of producing results so the job search becomes less ambiguous
- Have a repeatable strategy for your future job search
- Learn how to handle your search (and your time) more efficiently so you actually have time for MORE applications and networking.
- Get out there and network effectively (on or offline)
- Work smarter at landing a job, not harder
- Receive full-time support and resources from an expert to eliminate even the slightest confusion you may experience along the way (a “job buddy”) so to speak
- Motivation to help stay on track and focused on the job search
- Stay accountable to your goals and achieve them
- Introductions to my industry contacts (when appropriate) and new strategic contacts of your own
- Proven interview techniques and practice steeped in research and applied to your unique background so you can approach the interview with confidence and clarity
- Interview best practices to get you through the process while displaying absolute stellar impressions along the way
- Get proven techniques you can apply right away to not have to reinvent the job search wheel on your own
- Receive specific tools and templates for you to use.
- Land more interviews than you’re landing now, while enjoying more free time and feeling more confident and in control of your future
- Learn how to feel comfortable in the interview setting by being prepared and ready to deliver consistent, strong answers aimed at attracting the hiring manager to your professional brand.
- Implement systems so you consistently market your value easily and can finally stop struggling with the job search, for good.
Obviously, this depends on market demand for someone with your background and how much you put into the assignments that we give you. Also, keep in mind that the interview process can sometimes be drawn out, depending on the employer timeline. That said, virtually all clients see results within the first couple of months (sometimes even weeks) in the form of interviews or job offers. For someone who is branded incorrectly and therefore not producing any results, the minimum length of time to learn and implement our approach before you can expect to see results in our job search coaching program, is 90 days. Figuring out the best career move for you, creating the perfect brand and building a robust network, are just a few of the critical activities you’ll be focused on (all of which take time to flourish).
Together you and your coach will make impactful changes and tweaks to your approach and professional branding which will increase your chances for interviews. If you’re in need of career path clarity (aka figuring out what you want to be when you grow up) expect the process to take a bit longer. A total career path clarity + job search program takes a minimum of 4-5 months to really see the results roll in. While 5 months may seem like a long time, it’s important to remember the average job search without a coach, lasts 6 months, (even longer for someone who doesn’t know what they want to do next or career changers). By committing to work with our coaches you are guaranteed to land the best job for you and your long-term career goals. The fact that you will be avoiding years stuck in the wrong career path after only a few months, makes these programs totally worth it!
Do all of your assignments and fieldwork. Be mentally focused and on board with landing a new job. Understand that it’s not a “quick fix,” it’s not magic and it can take up to several months for you to plant all the seeds and for those seeds to grow into the fruit that you can enjoy. All my clients who have diligently applied every step of my program, have successfully generated interviews and contacts, in much less time than they would have on their own AND have landed a new job much quicker than if they had been going it alone.
Yes, a resounding Yes! I want you to stop reading for just one moment to ask yourself, “What is happiness worth to me, and what will happen if I keep postponing or experiencing roadblocks in my job search?” Chances are, landing a new job quicker will deliver both the happiness and increase in income necessary to be a worthwhile investment. The information and skills you learn with my program will also serve you for years to come, beyond our initial coaching work since you will be equipped to land a new job next time you need it. In my program, you will be learning job search mastery for life!
What you’re regularly getting with this program (and my coaching) is what I call a series of PINGs or AHAs! that will move your job hunt faster than you would on your own. Expect to get a lot of these as well as the resources you’ve been looking for and haven’t found until now. That’s what you’re investing in, proven tips, tricks, results, valuable resources, a job buddy and ultimately, happiness.
Noelle, based on everything I’ve read and heard about your coaching program, I know you’re the one I want to learn from. How do we get started?
Great! Did you know that one of the most prominent characteristics of successful people is that they take action? They take educated risks, are decisive, take action, and they move forward towards success faster as a direct result of this. It’s a well-known fact these people make decisions based on their gut instinct. Since this feels right for you, here’s what you do:
- If you know exactly which coaching program is for you, you can sign up here.
- If you’re not sure which program or service is for you, take a moment to complete this form and one of our experts will be in touch within 48 business hours, with an expert recommendation.
- If you still have questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com to discuss your unique needs.
If I’m not sure I’m ready to get started, how can I sample your work at low cost to see if it’s the right solutions for me?
A way to sample our program and learnings is by subscribing to the weekly email newsletter. The email newsletter provides you with proven tips, the latest tools and powerful techniques from our programs. It’s a must for anyone who wants lifelong job search success. Being on my email list also means you’ll receive updates and special promotions. Subscribe here.
You might want to also check out my online courses which offer a TON of value and expertise that you can breeze through on your own. Currently, I offer an AWESOME course on everything you need to know about Linkedin and getting your brand in order!
I also offer a course that is busting at the seems with intel if you are a recent college grad or AmeriCorps grad hoping to transition into a new job after your year of service. Contact me for individual pricing. (I currently only share this with groups but would be happy to share with you if this is what you need). You can learn more about it here.
I am always working on new online courses (and launching them at a discount) so if you want to stay in the know, just subscribe here.
I am more interested in having someone write my resume than a full-blown coaching program. What options do you offer?
Writing is a critical skill needed to successfully land a job, even if you are fully adept at how the job search works. Without a well-written resume, cover letter or professional profile, you risk creating a poor first impression or worse, losing the opportunity altogether. NG Career Strategy offers writing services for everything and anything you could possibly need in your career portfolio. Select from resume, cover letter, Linkedin Profile, Executive Bio or Mid-Career Bio (also great for Linkedin profiles). Our staff is also adept at producing online portfolios and any related marketing copy (recommended for Senior Execs and 50+ job seekers). I should mention that all of our resumes rewrites include optimized formatting for easier readability and clarity (which hiring managers love)!
To learn more about the different resume options and pricing and bells & whistles, check out our full listing of resume writing services here. (On this page you’ll also find the details on our cover letters, Linkedin profiles and specialty packages like our Career Changer Rebrand package).
What if I have several different types of roles, in several different fields, for which I am applying? Is having a professional resume recommended?
One of the keys to a successful resume (one that lands interviews) is tailoring. If you are applying to multiple roles in a variety of fields, we recommend going through clarity coaching. Here’s why: Hiring Managers will not look twice at a confusing brand as portrayed on your resume. They have a very specific hire in mind. By not sending a focused resume with a focused brand, your resume doesn’t stand a chance. Our Assessment Expert is trained to help you identify the intersection of your strengths, values, personality and goals which will create a total breakthrough for you around where you’re best suited and how to brand yourself. Once you are clear, then and only then, can we produce the best resume possible to aid in your application strategy with success!
- Intake Form: Once you purchase a writing service, you will be asked to submit an intake form containing standard questions around you, your background and your career goals. It’s important that you take some time to complete this form accurately as this will help your writer really get to know you and the direction for your newly written documents. The intake form also helps us match you with the writer best-suited for your particular case. Having a job description in mind is also critical.
- Writer Matching: After you complete and submit the intake form, you will be paired up with an NG-approved professional resume writer who will reach out to you within 48 business hours of your form submission.
- Writer Outreach: Your dedicated writer will contact you via email to schedule your initial phone consultation (for services that include phone consultations) or to let you know your new resume has been started (for services that do not include phone consultations).
- Resume Work Begins: After the initial e-mail or phone back and forth, you can expect to see a working draft of resume edits or first draft version within 5 business days of the consultation. Your writer may contact you via email during the process to obtain more info or inquire about clarifications (we really have a thing about getting it exactly right) so please be sure to check your email during the writing process and respond as soon as you have a chance. This will ensure you receive your final product as soon as humanly possible.
- Final Approval: When you are absolutely happy with the final product, and indicate this to your writer, you will receive the final version of your resume in 3 formats along with an explanation for each. We like to make sure you are optimized with every application you send (so our pointers and multiple formats will be just what you need)!
Since your writer puts a whole lotta time and heart into getting your resume, cover letter and/or Linkedin profile right, in advance of the final product, we can not offer refunds on any of our writing services. However, NG writing services are 100% satisfaction guaranteed. At the time of document completion, your resume writer will ask if you are satisfied with the final product. If you aren’t, we ask that you let us know at this time and your writer will make the revisions needed to exceed your expectations. We don’t consider a resume “finalized” and won’t send the final 3 formats until you give us the green light.
For our Resume Makeover service (and packages containing the Resume Makeover) we guarantee an interview in 30 Days after receipt of final resume. Keep reading for the details as some restrictions apply.
Yes, it’s true. We are committed to guaranteeing an interview in 30 Days on all Resume Makeovers and packages containing the Resume Makeover as long as you are committed to applying for multiple jobs. This only works if you are applying to jobs, regularly so we make good on this guarantee only if you’ve applied to at least 10 jobs within the 30 day time period. When you sign up, we send you an intake form so you can let us know exactly what you’re looking for in your next move. We encourage sharing a job description(s) at this point. Since we write our resumes for the job you want, we’ll be able to hit the mark enough to generate employer interest.
The short answer: Yes. The long answer: There are multiple hurdles to overcome when going from wanting a new job to actually scoring the official employee badge. Each hurdle requires a different strategy and produces a different result. The resume is the strategy for overcoming the application hurdle. The result it produces is interest from the company, in the form of an interview. Since we can’t interview for you, our goal in writing your resume is to spark employer interest enough to get you to the initial conversation (phone or in-person). By generating employer interest, you can feel confident knowing that your resume is hitting the mark. If you are landing interviews but not job offers, you may want to speak with us about interview coaching. We do that too.
Our 30-day guarantee does not apply to the Resume Refresh. Here’s why: we’ve been doing this a long time and we know that a resume with fully cleaned up results-oriented bullets packs more punch. The Resume Refresh is more for aesthetic effect and creating a really super duper first impression. The Refresh works great when your bro or sis asks for a resume they can hand to the hiring manager and use as more of a formality in selling you for the job. However, a Resume Makeover is the way to go if you don’t have a personal connection and are applying cold. In this instance, you want to make sure you are really speaking to your strengths throughout every part of your resume.
Awwww snap! All you have to do is get in touch with your resume writer and let her know the 10 jobs to which you’ve applied. At this point, your expert will have another look and analyze where it’s off, consulting with the team as necessary. Your writer will then make the tweaks, revisions, and edits to make you happy and send you on our way. You landing an interview is our priority!
OK, I’m ready to do this for myself, but I have a couple of additional questions. Can I contact you?
Excellent! Yes, if you have a couple of questions, just contact me to see which program or service will be the very best for you. I can’t wait to see you succeed and am honored to be the one to help you. Let’s do this!